Chicken and Beef Sausage Rolls
- Gently fry onions, garlic and bacon until bacon fat is translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- Preheat oven to very hot [200°C].
- Combine chicken, beef, grated potato, Naked Ginger pressed through garlic press, parsley or coriander, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix gently, but thoroughly.
- Spoon meat into a plastic bag, squeezing meat to one corner, cut corner of bag with scissors [this makes an ideal disposable piping bag].
- Cut each pastry sheet in half. Brush lightly with water.
- Pipe meat mixture along side of pastry. Using pastry interleaf paper to assist to roll into a large sausage roll, press edges of pastry down to seal. Cut each roll in half, quarters or eighths depending on the occasion.
- Place on a non stick baking paper lined baking tray. Brush tops and sides with milk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temperature to moderate [180°C] and continue baking for a further 10 to 15 minutes or until pastry is gold brown in colour.
As a main course serve with chunky tomato relish or your favourite sauce and a fresh green garden salad.
Minced beef can be substituted for sausage meat for a finer textured sausage roll filling.
A standard Australian Metric 250ml cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring sets are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons