Ginger, Date & Lemon Puddings with Butterscotch Ginger Sauce
- Preheat oven to moderately slow [170°C].
- Line a large capacity muffin baking pan with 10 muffin paper cases.
- In a blender or using a stick blender, pulse finely chopped lemon to pulp.
- Combine lemon pulp with very finely chopped dates [Dates can be blended also, but not with lemon] and Naked Ginger, Crystallised Ginger or Glacè Ginger.
- Cream butter and sugars until pale and creamy, add eggs one at a time until just blended.Stir in buttermilk or sour cream, then ginger mixture.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Gently fold in sifted flour into ginger mixture.
- Spoon mixture equally into prepared muffin paper cases.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until when puddings are tested with a fine cake skewer it comes out clean. Cool on a wire cake rack for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove paper patty cases and serve warm with Butterscotch and Ginger Sauce.
BUTTERSCOTCH GINGER SAUCE
(Makes about 250ml)
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients, over a low heat, stir continually until sugar dissolves, then bring slowly to boil. Reduce heat slightly and gently boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve with immediately. Pour a little over puddings and remainder in a warmed serving jug.
The puddings (cakes) freeze well up to one week. Wrapped in freezer wrap or freezer bags and sealed well.
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring sets are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons