Ginger Health Bars
20 - 25 mins
130g butter, melted
1 x 60g egg, lighted whisked
100g roughly chopped dark chocolate
1 cup finely diced Buderim Ginger Naked Ginger
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
2/3 cup shredded coconut
1/2 plain flour
1/2 cup self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180oC (Fanforced 160oC). Line a 17 x 27cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Sift the combined flours into a medium sized bowl. Add the oats, coconut, sugar, and Naked Ginger. Stir to combine.
- Gently melt the butter in a small saucepan, over low heat.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry mix and add the melted butter and then the egg. Use a wooden spoon to stir. Then lastly, add the chopped chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and use the back of an egg lifter to smooth out the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Place in the refrigerator and when completely cold, cut into bars to serve.
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring set are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons