Ginger, Lemon & Lime Cheesecake
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan and grease and line the base of a 22cm springform pan. In a food processor, pulse biscuits until mixture resembles breadcrumbs, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in butter and nutmeg. Press mixture evenly over base of cake tin and bake in oven for 10 mins, or until lightly browned.
2. Combine egg yolks, Buderim Ginger Ginger Lime & Lemon Marmalade and juices in a heatproof bowl, and whisk over a pan of simmering water for about 10 mins, or until pale and thick. Remove from heat. Sprinkle gelatine over ½ cup boiling water and whisk until gelatine dissolves. Cool for 5 mins. Stir into egg mixture.
3. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Gradually add egg mixture, beating well after each addition. Cover and chill for 40 mins, or until just starting to thicken.
4. With an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold into cream-cheese mixture, along with whipped cream and vanilla. Pour over biscuit base and smooth surface. Refrigerate overnight until set.
5. Place extra 2 tbsp Buderim Ginger Ginger Lime & Lemon Marmalade in a frying pan until melted. Add thinly sliced lemon and lime, and gently sauté in marmalade until slices have softened and started to take on a little colour. Decorate cheesecake.
Using a metal spoon cuts through mixture ensuring the egg whites retain their light airy mass
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring set are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons