Ginger & Raspberry Ice Cream Bars
20 mins + freezing
1 1/2 cups Buderim Ginger Ginger Refresher
1/2 cup water
300g fresh Raspberries (if fresh unavailable, purchase frozen raspberries. Allow them to defrost at room temperature)
1 cup finely diced Buderim Ginger Crystallised Ginger
500ml thickened cream
- Line a 17 x 27cm slice baking pan with baking paper – extending the edges up 5cm.
- Place 1 cup of Ginger Refresher, water and raspberries in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Strain the berry mix to remove all the seeds. Place in the refrigerator until required.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream and beat until firm peak consistency. Add the remaining Ginger Refresher and Crystallised Ginger. Stir gently to combine. Place the cream mix into the baking pan and smooth the surface until flat. Place in the freezer until frozen.
- Remove the frozen cream mix and pour over the raspberry puree. Place in the freezer until frozen.
- When set, cut into bars and serve immediately or place into an airtight container and re-freeze for later consumption.
A standard Australian Metric 250mL cup & 20mL tablespoon measuring set are used
New Zealand Metric tablespoon measure = 15mL or 3 teaspoons