No-Cook Ginger & Apricot Biscuit Slice
100g unsalted butter
3/4 cup (185ml) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup (150g) dried apricots, finely chopped
1/2 cup (100g) Buderim Ginger Crystallised or Naked Ginger, finely chopped, plus extra for topping
1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons lemon juice
375 plain biscuits, crushed to fine crumbs
2 tablespoons pistachios, shelled and chopped
50g unsalted butter
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Line a 30cm x 24cm Swiss roll pan or baking pan with baking paper.
- Heat butter and condensed milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until the butter melts. Remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the apricots, crystallised ginger, coconut, ground ginger and lemon juice.
- Then add crushed biscuits and stir to combine.
- Add butter and condensed milk mixture and stir well to combine.
- Press into the prepared pan and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
For the icing:
- Melt the butter and mix with the lemon juice, icing sugar and 1/4 cupp of boiling water, until smooth.
- Spread icing over the chilled base and sprinkle with extra chopped crystallised ginger and pistachios.
- Leave to set, then cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Recipe courtesy of ABC Delicious magazine.